[drats_users] D-RATS reports from Denver

Dennis Rogers
Mon Sep 29 00:42:35 PDT 2008

Maybe we could meet up during the week also if it not a busy reflector such
as 10 or 4.
It would like to see MORE activity than just Sunday's to work out
gateway/reflector timing.
Also, just to have fun with it. Other than AA4RC, Robin who invented
reflectors someone
mentioned to me via one of the Dstar Forums that REF010 is optimized for
Digital Data Mode
for low-speed communications. Anyone know about this?

Dennis, N5VRP

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 11:35 PM, Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Wow... we finally got some folks together to play D-RATS again
> tonight, and file transfers and what-not with 2.6 are a breeze.
> Impressive work you've done since our initial testing on 1.x!
>
> Tonight it was just myself, Steve KF0RW, and Dick W0THU - but we had a
> ball.
>
> We're going to start doing a regular Sunday night meet-up at 20:00
> Mountain (22:00 Eastern/19:00 Pacific) to play "low-speed data",
> probably mostly with D-RATS.
>
> Our Gateway is still off-line, but we expect we'll be up here within a
> week or so and W0CDS will be back on-the-air, so if folks want to join
> in from afar, feel free.
>
> We usually meet up on Port B.  Our Port A is suffering from an on-site
> noise problem.  There are also a FEW users hanging around on Port A
> for those with ID-1's, but not a lot.  (And not usually doing D-RATS,
> of course.)
>
> See ya when the Gateway is back up!
>
> --
> Nate Duehr, WY0X
> nate at natetech.com

Regards,

       Dennis, N5VRP
       n5vrp.satx at gmail.com

Dstar User / Gateway Admin / D-PRS Provider
ARRL Member
Cactus-Intertie Member
AMSAT Member, President's Club

73's from SATX, EL09rk