[drats_users] 0.2.7b2 with return mail

David Tilson
Wed Sep 24 22:06:56 PDT 2008

Hi Dan,

> I can do the SSL thing pretty easily.  I just have to add a check box.

It probably also need a field for the user to be able to enter the SSL
port (in case they vary between systems).

> I was thinking I could provide accounts to people on
d-rats.danplanet.com,
> but gmail is probably easier when I add the SSL support.

My thoughts were to try and use an external system, rather than my own
for POP access, as an external system is more likely to be some distance
away from an effected area if there is a disaster.  I also want it to be
on a system I don't normally use for email, in case of failure of my
normal systems.  That way there are potentially more options available
when it is required.

> If you can reproduce the hang again with a debug log, I'd be
interested in that.

It appears to be a bit eratic. Sometimes it hangs (totally) and other
times it can take 15 - 20 secs to Save and come back to life.  It is
doing the same thing on the laptop as well.

Cheers,

davidt