[drats_users] D-Rats v0.2.5 Latest Version Testing

Eric M. Gildersleeve ~ KD7CAO
Sat Sep 6 18:27:58 PDT 2008

I need to clarify something. Those of you that have been able to get the
file transfers to work... What OS were you using? I am using Vista Home
Premium on one machine and XP Home on another.

Eric M. Gildersleeve ~ KD7CAO
Gildersleeve Emergency Management

-----Original Message-----
From: drats_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com
[mailto:drats_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Dan Smith
Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2008 8:26 PM
To: Discussion of D-RATS
Subject: Re: [drats_users] D-Rats v0.2.5 Latest Version Testing

> I am using 9600 baud on the IC-2200H, and 38.4 kbaud on IC-91AD. I
> guess you mean radio-to-radio transfer baud rate.

Correct.

> I will try turning off pipelining and let you know.

Thanks!

> *In other words files greater than 8k were never finishing. They
> would keep retrying over and over again. The only way to get out and
> try again (no abort key) was to turn off radios and exit the program
> (D-Rats) on both sides.*

Ah, okay, that does sound like a bug.  A debug log from both the sender
and receiver would be helpful.  I'll try to see if I can reproduce that
locally too.

> *In module CHATGUI.py where you check for file size.*

That's actually just a limit for doing a text chat dump.  I
added that to avoid having people send huge text files which splatter
everyone's chat screen.  It's *not* in effect during a file, form, or
image transfer.  I think you're seeing an actual bug.

> Something changed this as I had NO yellow background text.

...because you were getting whole blocks this time.  If you changed your
power save setting on a handheld or something, that could have been the
difference.  I promise I haven't changed anything about that in recent
releases :)

> By the way, I was using USB serial converters on both radios. It did
> not seem to matter.

Yep, I don't have trouble with USB adapters either.

> I also tried it with conventional COM ports no difference. Before, it
>  would not transfer anything at all just hang in a never endless
> retry loop you could not break.

Well, if you're hitting a bug, it's kinda hard to say that it will
behave the way it's supposed to :)

> Can you take a look at adding a ABORT transfer control? It may be
> needed on a gateway.

There is, it just doesn't work :)  It's been something I've been
avoiding, but I know it's something I need to fix.