[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.5b6

Dan Smith
Thu Sep 4 15:45:39 PDT 2008

Hi all,

We've got a pretty good set of people here now, so I'll get things
started with a beta drop.

I just posted 0.2.5b6 in the beta directory.  For those of you who
haven't been involved with testing betas in the past, you can always
find the latest stuff I'm working on here:

  http://d-rats.danplanet.com/download/beta/

The delta between 0.2.4 and 0.2.5b6 is approximately:

- Fix a silly (but fatal) bug in the transfer speed calculation
- Added auto-enumeration of map overlay colors for readability
- Added (some) APRS icon support.  The overlay format now includes a
  field (right after the name) that takes a standard APRS icon specifier
  (/- for example)
- Fixed up the map drawing logic which should improve refresh
  performance (not to be confused with downloading tiles)
- Added GPSd position source support
- Added parsing of DPRS-style GPS icon messages (note: I'm not
  calculating and checking the checksum just yet)

Dave Cooley WA4DOC has been helping with a lot of the icon and color
testing (one of the downsides of requesting features) so far.  If anyone
else is interested in the map stuff, I'd appreciate feedback on whether
or not this stuff works for you.  It's about time to post a new official
version, and this is pretty close to what I think it needs to look like.