[drats_users] Centos v5.2 D-Rats Install

Adrian
Wed Oct 15 13:50:21 PDT 2008

Extract  the d-rats tarball to your download path#.

install from  Yumex (or yum install;)

pygtk2

libxml2-python

libxslt-python

python-feedparser

Thats it from yum/yumex

Get pyserial here from ;

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=46487&package_id=39324&release_id=611700

  pyserial-2.4.tar.gz
<http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pyserial/pyserial-2.4.tar.gz?modtime=1215392791&big_mirror=0>

extract to your destination path and cd to there in terminal and run;

python setup.py install

Done then setup a KDE(< best if you are thinking of running DVTool
too)/Gnome menu

item for D-Rats Communications i.e;

KDE Menu Command;

/root/download/D-Star/d-rats-linux2/d-rats2.sh

points to shell script
(In my case Use your own path# replacement etc & also for command);

#!/bin/bash

cd /root/download/D-Star/d-rats-linux2/d-rats-0.2.7b11

./d-rats

#./d-rats --safe

Same for Repeater

KDE Menu Command;

/root/download/D-Star/d-rats-linux2/repeater.sh

points to shell script
(In my case Use your own path replacement etc & also for command);

#!/bin/bash

cd /root/download/D-Star/d-rats-linux2/d-rats-0.2.7b11

./repeater

This lets you click and start easy from the popup OS menu.
Use Kedit (or similar) to make shell scripts as above--- *.sh --- and
set executable permissions in that file´s properties.
If you have trouble, run the script in terminal or copy past the cd and
./ lines ones by one entering and execute to see results.

vk4tux