[drats_users] D-RATS-0.2.7b11 (aka RC)

David Tilson
Tue Oct 14 22:09:57 PDT 2008

G'day Terry,

Glad to see you've had success sending / receiving email.  I think Dan
has done a great job with this so far.

 >  Now the question is, how do I configure my machine so I can be a
D-rats gateway for other stations?
 >  For example, someone sends me an email and wants my system to
automatically forward it to the internet.

Currently any station that has the email parameters configured in the
"Network" section of D-RATS will automatically forward any email forms
it receives (from anyone) to the Internet.  At present though D-RATS can
only retrieve email for one specific Internet address.

If you have a look at the D-RATS Feature Request page at
http://d-rats.danplanet.com/wiki/FeatureRequest you will see that there
are a couple of requests which would allow email from multiple addresses
to be received, as well as providing the ability to limit email transfer
to/from a list of "Authorised" stations.

I hope that helps with your question.

Regards,

davidt, VK3UR