[drats_users] d-rats data transmission problem

Robert (Bud) M Talbot III
Mon Oct 13 19:20:51 PDT 2008

Hi folks-

I'm new to D-RATS. My name is Bud, and the call is W0RMT. I seem to have
some issues transmitting clean data packets, whether it be text (chat) or
forms, etc. I suspect the problem is my USB > Serial converter, and wonder
if anyone can offer advice. My setup is as follows:

-IC-91AD and external antenna (very good into the repeater on low power- I
have LOS to the 10,500' repeater site)
-Windows Vista on an HP laptop with no serial ports
-USB > Serial converter on COM 4 set to 38400, and I've tried XON/XOFF,
none, and Hardware as far as flow control in the port settings

I can receive chat and form data no worries, but my transmissions are dirty
to say the least. I have been testing using the echo command in the UR field
to get my transmission echoed back by the repeater, and most of them are
garbled. Any hints? Do I have any other options wrt the USB > Serial
converter?

Thanks for any advice and 73

de Bud W0RMT