[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.7b8 AutoQST

Dan Smith
Thu Oct 9 15:28:38 PDT 2008

> My thoughts are that any changes to an existing beacon (that may be
> selected), or the addition of a new beacon, shouldn't become active
> unless the Save button is pressed.

Well, I just wonder about how that comes across to users, exactly.  To
me, it seems like it's a little confusing to have the add button
activate the editor and then make you hit save before something becomes
active.

It is clear that the save button "updates" the list above, right?  So,
the Add button inserts something into the list, and starts you editing
it immediately.  When you finish with your changes, you hit save to
update the item it added.

I always hate dialogs like this, because everyone seems to do it
differently, and usually counter-intuitively for me.  It's hard to make
the controls behave appropriately when there are too many ways in and
out of edit modes.  Thus, I was trying to make it relatively safe and
clear-cut, but I guess I failed :)

What if the save button was red anytime there were changes to the edit
frame that hadn't been really saved?

I'll play around with it a bit and see what else I can come up with.

Did I mention that I hate writing GUI apps? :D