[drats_users] D-RATS RSS Feeds

Gerry
Wed Oct 8 12:28:11 PDT 2008

Barry,
Fransens GPS gate (franson.com) will allow you to output your GPS
information to at least 3 different programs. They have ways to expand
beyond 3, but I've never looked into it.
Gerry Singer
KC0CAT

-----Original Message-----
From: drats_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com
[mailto:drats_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Barry A.
Wilson
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 1:02 PM
To: 'Discussion of D-RATS'
Subject: Re: [drats_users] D-RATS RSS Feeds

Dan,

   It would be greatly appreciated if you add individual port speeds to the
COM ports on D-RATS.

   My Sprint 3G CDMA Wireless Merlin Novatel EV-DO Modem card has three COM
outputs which only one allows you to change speed on the Communication Port.
The GPS on the Xpress Card puts out the NMEA format signal but only at 9600
baud with no apparent way to change it's output rate. It does work with
online mapping programs like Google Maps, Yahoo! Maps, MapQuest and
Microsoft Live. It also works well with my StormLab Professional Weather
Software. Besides the GPS Output it has a COM port for Status and a
Communication Port which is set at 230400,N,8,1  Here in Denver my
connection averages between about 960-1200kbs or nearly T1 Speeds.

   I am hopeful to figure out how to get AGWSoft Packet Engine Pro to work
with the multiple communications programs so things like GPS Output can be
used by more than one application at a time. I just need a way to take one
COM Input to route out to multiple outputs. I'm not a programmer so I have
to yield to others expertise like yourself to help those of us much more
challenged by such things.

Thanks for such a rapid response... and 73

Barry
KA0BBQ