[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.7b4

Steve
Fri Oct 3 13:37:27 PDT 2008

OK

I am new to the list.  Love what I have seen so far from D-RATS.
Now how do I get my hands on the 0.2.7b4 version.

I am pushing D-RATS here for our ARES use here in NW Florida (the Fort
Walton Beach area) and so far we really like what we see.

Thanks for the great s/w

Steve N4GXX
www.n4gxx.org

-----Original Message-----
From: drats_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com
[mailto:drats_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Dan Smith
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 5:25 PM
To: Discussion of D-RATS
Subject: [drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.7b4

Hi all,

I just posted 0.2.7b4 with the following changes:

- Fix up hang when email polling is enabled
- Add SSL support for POP3 and poll interval configuration
- Add master switch for disabling QSTs in the file menu
- Add new QST configuration box (which isn't complete yet)
- Add RSS and CAP-type QST feeds
- Support sending of a URL-sourced file for broadcast and QST content
- Fix outbound From header on form-to-email gateway
- Add "send" button to Form window to speed up sending
- Fix (hopefully) form printable view on MacOS

The RSS and CAP-fed QSTs are somewhat interesting, and deserve some
delicate testing before going on-air on a repeater.  They allow you to
specify an RSS or CAP feed (see http://www.weather.gov/alerts).  Every
time the QST fires, the feed is checked for new items.  If there are new
items, they are converted to text and sent out as the content of the QST.

This should facilitate some automated weather/amber/news alerting, but
must be handled with care, as you're placing your trust in what they
decide to put into the feed item.