[drats_users] D-Rats and the GPS functions

Andrew Rich
Wed Nov 19 13:06:18 PST 2008

What stops drats from being used with normal packet ?

Normal packet goes further and has error checking ?

From: Dan Smith
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 2:47 AM
To: Discussion of D-RATS
Subject: Re: [drats_users] D-Rats and the GPS functions

> Two things I notice, (1) in the map window I keep loosing the GPS lock
> and

Okay, can you send me your debug log?  D-RATS may be having a hard time
parsing some of your GPS's strings which causes it to think the lock is
gone.

> (2) my maps never work even after I download maps within a 100 miles
> radius of my position I have even tried sitting in my driveway with
> internet access from my wireless still no maps just a black screen two
> small white boxes with a red X and no data in the boxes.

This is probably related to the above.  If you are using an external GPS
and don't have a lock, D-RATS will assume 0,0 which you probably didn't
download maps for :)

> Also should I be able to transmit my GPS data to other d-rats users? I
> setup with symbol in the GPS setting but no one sees that info.

Yes, just add a new QST of type GPS.  When the QST fires (or when you
force it) D-RATS will send out your position.