[drats_users] D-Rats and the GPS functions

Barry A. Wilson
Tue Nov 18 15:27:31 PST 2008

I was running the same version last night and noticed the same thing as well.  It would map my HOME position but I would not see the maps… only the two which place holder boxes with the re x’s.

73

Barry

KA0BBQ

From: drats_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com [mailto:drats_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of w4cpu at w4cpu.org
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 12:27 PM
To: drats_users at lists.danplanet.com
Subject: [drats_users] D-Rats and the GPS functions

Hello

I run a laptop in my truck with an IC-2820 the radio's GPS is off, I also purchased a mouse type GPS unit it is NEMA 0.18 compliant (small mag-mount sits outside the truck cab plugged into a USB port on the laptop).

I am currently running the 0.2.8 latest beta as of 11/17.

Two things I notice, (1) in the map window I keep loosing the GPS lock and (2) my maps never work even after I download maps within a 100 miles radius of my position I have even tried sitting in my driveway with internet access from my wireless still no maps just a black screen two small white boxes with a red X and no data in the boxes.

I do see other peoples GPS info being transmitter and I do see d-rats takes into account my position in the text window making me believe the GPS is working.

Also should I be able to transmit my GPS data to other d-rats users? I setup with symbol in the GPS setting but no one sees that info.

Thanks

de w4cpu