[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.8b7

Dan Smith
Sun Nov 16 19:02:13 PST 2008

> You've been a busy little vegemite between this and CHIRP, haven't
> you :)

I'm pretty sure I can't pull off "busy little vegemite" in public, but
I'm going to be sure to try using it at work this week :)

> Confirmed, but in my Win XP environment as soon as the window LBA
> window opens it disappears behind the Chat screen.

Ah, yeah, I see that on windows as well.  I'll see about changing the
mode of the window to be modal.

> Also, being pedantic, the label says "Lookup by address", but the
> window is labelled "Locate an address", which is obviously a major
> show stopper :D

Well, that's because it's a generic window that is used in other places
to convert an address to a lat/lon pair :)

> I had seen this in previous versions and thought it was just me...
> I'm still seeing occasional map tiles not load, where I know there
> should be mapping.  The only way I've seen around this is by changing
> the zoom level back and forth.

Okay, I could add a "refresh" option in the map window.

> Confirmed.  Suggestion: Add a label to each incoming address entry
> (in the Incoming Email config screen) and reference that in the chat
> screen message.

Okay.

> Could not confirm.  I had a look at what the various tooltips should
> have been in the changelog, but could not get any of the tool tips to
> display on my Win XP environment.  I checked other apps that were
> running at the same time and they were correctly displaying their
> tool tips.

Hmm, it shows up in my WinXP environment.  You are hovering the mouse
over the actual entry box, right?  If I go mouse over the latitude entry
box (not the label to the left of it) I see the tool tip.  Maybe someone
else can confirm that this is (or is not) a problem for them, just to be
sure :)

Thanks Dave!