[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.8b7

David Tilson
Sun Nov 16 18:38:20 PST 2008

G'day Dan,

> I just posted 0.2.8b7 with the following changes:

You've been a busy little vegemite between this and CHIRP, haven't you
:)

> - Added language selection in the settings dialog, removed the
>   environment variable

Confirmed.  Fortunately before trying this I worked out what steps I
need to revert back to English :)

> - Add lookup-by-address button back in

Confirmed, but in my Win XP environment as soon as the window LBA window
opens it disappears behind the Chat screen.  Also, being pedantic, the
label says "Lookup by address", but the window is labelled "Locate an
address", which is obviously a major show stopper :D

> - Add a "Connected to internet" master toggle

Confirmed. Good to see D-RATS retained its setting after a close /
restart.

> - Fix the progress dialog for map loading to prevent the user from
>   confusing the logic with multiple clicks

I had seen this in previous versions and thought it was just me...  I'm
still seeing occasional map tiles not load, where I know there should be
mapping.  The only way I've seen around this is by changing the zoom
level back and forth.

> - Add announcement of newly received emails in the chat window

Confirmed.  Suggestion: Add a label to each incoming address entry (in
the Incoming Email config screen) and reference that in the chat screen
message.

> - Add tool tips to various fields in the settings dialog

Could not confirm.  I had a look at what the various tooltips should
have been in the changelog, but could not get any of the tool tips to
display on my Win XP environment.  I checked other apps that were
running at the same time and they were correctly displaying their tool
tips.

Cheers and thanks,

davidt