[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.8b4

David Tilson
Wed Nov 12 15:08:18 PST 2008

G'day Dan,

I just installed 0.2.8b4.  Here are some initial findings on my Win XP
box.

All items appear to have imported correctly from 0.2.8b1, except the
Incoming Email settings in Network.

I can select each of the menu items, however the Incoming Email window
is a different width to all of the preferences windows.  Once the
Incoming Email window is selected I cannot change to any other
preference window.  When this occurs the Incoming Email window width
changes and there appears to be an overlap of the Save / Cancel buttons.
The save and cancel buttons work.

When I add an entry into the Incoming Email screen and OK it the entry
screen remains on top and I have to press the Save button to close it.
The new entry does not appear until I close the preferences screen and
go into it again.  It happily sends and receives email though, which is
good.

If I try to delete an entry in the Incoming Email window, once again I
don't see any effect until I close / re-open the window.

I was able to enter a 2nd set of account details in the Incoming Email
window, but not sure if it would have worked as I only have one valid
pop account.

What I did notice though was that it wouldn't allow me to add multiple
accounts with the same POP server.  It would only store the most recent
entry.

Considering the amount of rework you would have done for this new beta,
that is pretty darned good...

Cheers,

davidt