[drats_users] New User D-RATS 0.2.7

George Karayannis
Sat Nov 8 00:34:13 PST 2008

Hi all,

New user here, George SV4LAX QTH Volos Greece.

Started using 2.7 with a base-station 2820 and an IC-91.

IM works really well, even in urban conditions, where I exchange messages
with my XYL, licensed SW4NLB. QTH to QRL a distance of about 2.5 kilometres
in urban area, with the IC-91 and just the HT antenna. File transfer is no
go though when I am in the office (surrounded by tall buildings).

The map application is flaky and undependable, so it sees no use at all.

Image transfer sometimes give me unknown format errors, when using jpegs,
while when I choose another jpeg for transfer it accepts it (odd).

When it works the resize and quality adjust features are very nice to have.

When xmitting text (wordpad or word docs) sometimes the transfer is halted
and has to be re-initiated. Biggest text file so far 52 KBs with practically
no errors.

Thanks Dan for all your work, will try to gather up more usage data and
relay it to you and the group

Cheers and regards

George

SV4LAX