[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.8b2

Dan Smith
Fri Nov 7 11:56:52 PST 2008

> Ok, so I reinstalled  0.2.8b2 and still have the same problem -- it just
> doesn't run at all. Attached you'll find the debug.log and the
> d-rats.config. Hope that helps you figure out what's messed up.

Reinstalling won't help.  D-RATS isn't a typical windows application :)

Okay, that log message is related to the language translation stuff.
You must have the LANG environment variable set for some reason.  Thus,
D-RATS is trying to load a language it doesn't support.  I need to fix
this up and make it not fail like this.

In the meantime, right click on "My Computer" and choose "Properties".
Go to the "Advanced" tab and click the "Environment Variables" button.
Look in both lists for a "LANG" entry.  If you want, record the value of
it and then remove it from the list and D-RATS should start correctly.
I'll get this fixed up for beta3 so it doesn't fail like this.