[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.8b2

Joel Barrett (jobarret)
Wed Nov 5 15:33:36 PST 2008

Dan,

Every time I install a version other than 0.2.6, the program does not
run for me. With the 0.2.8b2 installer (for Win32), I got a message that
errors occurred and to look at the log file attached. Can you tell me
why this is no longer working on my system and what I need to do to
correct it, other than go back to 0.2.6?

Thanks,
Joel Barrett, W4JOL

-----Original Message-----
From: drats_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com
[mailto:drats_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Dan Smith
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 6:03 PM
To: Discussion of D-RATS
Subject: [drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.8b2

Hi all,

I've just posted 0.2.8b2 with the following changes:

- A new configuration dialog
- Fix (again, I hope) Exec QSTs on Windows
- Add multiselect form widget type
- Add group label form widget type

The new configuration dialog is a MAJOR change and has the potential to
be quite destabilizing.  I would really appreciate a heavy amount of
testing on this.  Poke every button and pick every menu, throughout
D-RATS.  The configuration subsystem is a major component that is
touched from all corners of the code, and so completely replacing it has

major bug potential.  Comments on the organization of the config box are

welcome.  Now is the time to make design changes if we need to.

The last two items change the form schema and so forms created with
these widgets are not openable by older versions of D-RATS.  So, be
careful with this if you play with it.

I've spent a *lot* of time on the config box, so if there are other
issues that have been identified recently that aren't integrated here,
don't be surprised :)