[drats_users] GPS Reciever Question

Adam Karsin
Fri Dec 26 12:01:25 PST 2008

Cool I will look into that as well as RPC Electronics.

Another question I had was once I get this all working correctly, who can
see me?

For instance I am about to go run some errands. I am going to hook up the
radio to the laptop with the USB GPS interface. Lets assume for a moment
that I get it to work properly. Where does this information go? Will it go
beyond the NI4CE B/G that I am on? I have heard that I can broadcast similar
to APRS but I do not need additional interfaces, just connect as above. But
where do I send that info or is it done automatically?

Thanks,

Adam
KG4WWH

-----Original Message-----
From: drats_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com
[mailto:drats_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of George
Karayannis
Sent: Friday, December 26, 2008 1:18 PM
To: Discussion of D-RATS
Subject: Re: [drats_users] GPS Reciever Question

Hi Adam and Merry Xmas

just a quick note. If you can find online the solder layout for the
kenwood D7 interface (ie jack looking like a stereo minijack), and
invert TX<>RX, while leaving ground as it is, the 91 should work just
fine. Did that on a D7 spare interface and as a matter of fact this is
who I get D-Rats on the air, with an old Win2000 Vaio and an C-E91.

Cheers and regards

George SV4LAX