[drats_users] GPS Reciever Question

Mike Trautman
Thu Dec 25 05:14:50 PST 2008

Merry Christmas to all!

Adam, My favorite Handheld GPS is the Garmin "GPS Map 76Cx". For a little more cash you get detailed color mapping and compatibility with several Garmin map CD flavors and even their Blue Chart marine navigation software. The serial output data cable connects with the IC91ad's data cable through a male/male serial adapter. I have built such a connector that inserts 12v power for the GPS for long trips as well.

I works well with the 91ad and the satellite lock is very quick. I haven't figured out how to display other station locations on the GPS display, but that is supposed to be possible as well.

Happy Holidays,

Painless, K9MLT