[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.9b5

Dan Smith
Tue Dec 16 16:30:20 PST 2008

Hi all,

I just posted D-RATS 0.2.9b5 with the following changes:

- Fixed the TCP socket listener
- Added the beginnings of a full RPC layer:
 - Added position request
 - Added file list/file retrieve
 - Added form list/form retrieve

Note that the RPC stuff is pretty new.  I just banged it out today, so a
couple of things are missing, but it works for me.  The remote actions
are available from the Callsigns tab.  Right-click on a station and
request a position, file, form, etc.  I'll add something to let you do
that to any arbitrary station next, but I wanted to get this out for
testing.  Mostly to squelch Dave Cooley's constant nagging for the
position request feature :)

Seriously though, the RPC stuff will open many doors for additional
unattended operation in the future.  With what I have now, you can pick
up an email form that you missed, etc.  It's pretty nifty.