[drats_users] Fwd: [DSTAR_DIGITAL] ARRL Technical Innovation Award (2009)

Nate Duehr
Sat Dec 13 15:12:04 PST 2008

Well this one was a no brainer...

There are others who work tirelessly on the infrastructure software,
but who also have a commercial interest in their "stuff" working.
(And I have no problems with that at all.)

But in the true Spirit of Amateur Radio -- no software developer in
all of D-STAR beats Dan's dedication and commitment to offering things
he's written for free, and still maintains a high level of technical
accomplishment in each release!

Nor can anyone keep up with all of his sheer number of releases of ALL
of his software applications... which are all built for end-users.
End-user software is the hardest of all to write and maintain.

Go turn in nominations for Dan, folks!

Thanks Dan, for your great work.  I just wish I had more time to
personally play with D-RATS, darn it!  (And all the other software too!)

You deserve lots of public thank you's for a "Christmas present", even
if you don't win the award!

Nate WY0X

Begin forwarded message:

--