[drats_users] GPS Question

Dave Cooley
Sat Dec 13 04:47:24 PST 2008

Adam,
Welcome to the group. You should not need anything more than you already
have.
Start your GPS and see that it is working properly in Streets and Trips.
Close streets and trips and open DRATS
Check the box marked use external gps
In the window above look for your gps in the pull down window
This should get a GPS string into DRATS

To beacon your position:
Go to <file> <autoqst settings>
Click Add
Under QST Parameters You can select GPS or GPS-A ( I setup an Autoqst for
both as this will show you on the APRS website as well as other DRATS
clients and Icom Radios)
Select GPS (or GPS-A) from the pulldown and enter your message in the space
below. For DPRS options click on the DPRS button in the lower left corner to
select an icon and enter your message.
Select the interval at which you want the beacon transmitted and click save.
The AutoQST should fire at the preselected interval

NOTE: You should make sure that your radio is set to Auto for "DV Data TX"
under the digital settings section.

You should be good to go.

Any problems or questions drop me a line or I am usually on NI4CE B.

73
Dave Cooley
N4DIB
Tampa DSTAR Club