[drats_users] Crashing (Vista)

Dan Smith
Thu Dec 11 08:28:57 PST 2008

> I just downloaded v2.8 tonight and had a few issues while testing with
> our local group.

Just to confirm, have you tried 0.2.7 and does it have the same issue?
I changed the machine that I use to build the Windows binary on right
before 0.2.8, so I'm wondering if something on that machine is broken.
If 0.2.7 works fine for you, I will generate another beta build of 0.2.8
with the old machine and let you tell me if that works.

> As you can see, there are multiple dll's that are experiencing the
> error.

Yeah, but it's interesting that it crashed in ntdll as well, because
that's part of Vista, not D-RATS.  The others aren't actually mine, but
are components of GTK that I ship with D-RATS.

Let me know about the older version and I'll look around to see if there
are any known recent Vista issues with the GTK stuff.