[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.9b1

Dan Smith
Wed Dec 10 09:48:45 PST 2008

> Email pull wouldn't be needed if you could apply some logic and some
> existing code from the file/form transfer piece. If an email is received for
> a "Form" enabled recipient, do a simple ping to ensure they are online and
> the transmit as normal form with checking and error correction. If the ping
> fails don't send it and try latter. Not exactly the same but accomplishes
> the same thing. This might be much easier than a pull switch.

This is already in the b1.

> We have talked about the Info access piece before and you said it would
> require database access and tables to associate the overlays. I know it
> sounds much but maybe a scaled down version might be easier. Just one field
> with text?

Hmm, I'm not sure what you're referring to exactly.  My point about the
info piece was not that it's terribly complex, but I'm just not sure how
to model it internally.

> I know the audible warning is a probably a big one but would allow users to
> let DRATS run minimized rather than tie up the pc .  Just a thought, you
> don't know if you don't ask...

Yeah, understood.  IIRC, the sound (and tray-flashing) thing has been on
the feature page since early in 0.1.x :)