[drats_users] 0.2.8b7 errors

Dan Smith
Sat Dec 6 07:24:01 PST 2008

> in windows seems no command or batch (scripts) are able to run. first
> time d-rats try... auto-qst message stay on "0 sec".

Hmm, I'm not sure why they're not running for you.  I just tried this
with no problem:

  http://static.danplanet.com/tmp/win32_exec_bat.jpg

> One more error on linux: italian language don't appear...never! I use
> Ububtu 8.04.01 LTS on a VIA C-7 "small-linux-box". It also say to me
> "debug log not available" and I run it in a bash window to capture
> messages for you.

Right, like I said, it's because you're running it from outside its
directory, which makes it unable to find the locale files:

> iz5fsa at iz5fsa-itx:~$ d-rats-0.2.8b7/d-rats

If you change the above to:

  > cd d-rats-0.2.8b7
  > ./d-rats

Then it should behave properly.

However, I just spent a bunch of time working on a proper
install/package routine for linux.  The next beta I post will have a
better install routine that will make this problem go away for you and
will also install icons in the menu, etc.

I will post that today.

> Last error I've found is the DPRS button on the auto-QST managing
> window. If I try to create a GPS auto-qst message GPS style, DPRS
> button generate the last error code in the log.

I think this is the same problem, because it's unable to open the APRS
icon maps.