[drats_users] GPS 18 PC Serial

Dan Smith
Mon Dec 1 06:42:32 PST 2008

> Sorry I guess I didnt hit attach. Thanks Dan

Okay, after looking at the logs, I don't see any data coming from the
external GPS.  Are you sure the GPS is on, sending NMEA strings, and
connected to COM3?

As a test, you might want to close D-RATS and open HyperTerminal
connected to COM3 at 4800 baud.  You should see a constant stream of
strings that start with "$GP".  If you don't, tell me what you see.

I assume that the GPS18 can do multiple data types like the rest of
Garmin's product line, but I don't know how to tell it which type to use.