[chirp_users] Rebadged radio

Dan Smith dsmith at danplanet.com
Wed Mar 6 15:02:25 PST 2024

> Nothing that needs to be coded.
> A radio that is "manufactured" by 'My Emergency Radio' and available from prepping suppliers is actually a rebadged TYT TH-UV88 and programs fine as such.
> Perhaps can be added to the supported radios list.

Submit an issue and provide some links to the manufacturer. Unfortunately, the amount of rebadging that goes on these days make keeping track of it all an intractable problem, but in reasonable cases we can add it so that it at least shows up on the front page supported list.

But, please file a "new model" issue and we can have a look. At least it will be documented that way.

--Dan