[chirp_users] No Download from Kenwood TM-D700a

mark at marwalk.com mark at marwalk.com
Mon Mar 4 15:21:37 PST 2024

The cable I have ends in a female DB9 and physically connects to the radio fine. One thing I observed was when I entered the Radio Download menu it keyed my Flex 6600; there's no reason for that as the Flex doesn't have that COM port in its CAT list. I've shut down the Flex and all other apps and rebooted the computer with the TM-D700 on and the FTDI cable connected at both ends. This time the Radio Download action in Chirp resulted in the fan coming on for about 2 minutes on the TM-D700, and then still no results on the screen. Could you tell me how to generate a debug log? I've enabled Developer mode but that menu is still grayed out even after restarting Chirp.

Thanks,
Mark