[chirp_users] Baofeng GM-5RH

Jim Unroe
Sun Jan 28 10:14:51 PST 2024

Hi Joel,

On Sun, Jan 28, 2024 at 12:48 PM Joel McClure <joel at bayouland.net> wrote:

> I got this GMRS radio on Amazon, and it seems like nobody else bought
> it.  The number of Baofeng variations is silly.  It looks exactly like
> the Baofeng 5RM / AR-5RM (the ham version).  I was hoping selecting
> "5RM" in CHIRP would work, but an error results. Has anybody gotten
> CHIRP or any other programming software to work with a GM-5RH?  Thank you!

>From the factory programming software, I see that this radio uses a
different 'magic' than used for the 5RM to initiate the cloning
process. So it is currently unrecognized by CHIRP.

I am in the process of testing another similar variant to the 5RH,
5RM, etc. It not only uses a different 'magic', it uses a different
encryption symbol.

My suggestion, at this time, would be for you to open a ticket
requesting that support be added for the GM-5RH. Then while waiting
for a developer to volunteer for the project, you can use the factory
programming software.