[chirp_users] Entering airband frequencies

Roland Welte
Mon Jan 15 13:52:57 PST 2024

Dear Chirp Community,

I am using Chirp Next with a BAOFENG 5RX radio. Since this particular radio
is not among the supported devices I select radio BAOFENG UV-5R, which
generally works fine. However, the 5RX radio covers airband frequencies
(108-136 MHz) which the UV-5R does not, so Chirp won't let me enter airband
frequencies (although downloading these frequencies from the radio works
fine). Is there a trick to circumvent Chirp's validity checks when entering
frequencies?

Your help with this is very much appreciated,

Roland