[chirp_users] programming assistance

Rich NE1EE
Wed Jan 10 05:21:25 PST 2024

On 2024-01-10 07:44:, Nigel A. Gunn  G8IFF/W8IFF wrote:
>Excel is not compatible because it tends to put spurious characters into empty cells. > On 10/01/2024 12:09 GMT Rich NE1EE <thedustykey at imaginarian.org> wrote: > >  > Not sure in what way Excel is not compatible with chirp?

I have not run into this ever, and I have been using Excel for decades. Is this something specific to chirp files? csv files, which I don't use as often, but when ever I have, I have not see spurious chars when I edit the csv files as plain text in EditPad Pro...please clarify?

73 Rich NE1EE
The Dusty Key
On the banks of the Piscataqua