[chirp_users] programming assistance

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
Tue Jan 9 17:21:12 PST 2024

img files are for particular radios, you need an original img file for YOUR
particular radio. You start by downloading the img file from your radio and
saving it so you have something to go back to if something fails.

csv files are just spreadsheet files - you can edit them with LibreOffice
(don't use Excel as it's not compatible with CHIRP).

Is your friend's radio compatible with CHIRP?  Here's the supported radio
list:
https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Supported_Radios

Here's info on using CHIRP:
Using CHIRP

   - Beginners_Guide
   <https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Beginners_Guide> - A
   brief usage guide for beginners
   - CSV How-to <https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/CSV_HowTo> -
   How to work with CSV files in CHIRP
   - MemoryEditorColumns
   <https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/MemoryEditorColumns> -
   Descriptions of all the memory editor columns and their meanings
   - BaofengUV5R
   <https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/BaofengUV5R> - A
   dedicated page to the very popular Baofeng UV-5R (and variants) with error
   message explanations
   - If your anti-virus software flags CHIRP, please see AntiVirusWarnings
   <https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/AntiVirusWarnings>
   - Advanced Configuration Options
   <https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/AdvancedConfig> - A
   description of some obscure settings that are available for power users
   - CHIRP Tips Videos <https://www.youtube.com/@chirp-tips> - Short
   informative videos about using CHIRP, from the development team

73
David N1EA