[chirp_users] "Failed to communicate with radio: Incorrect ACK on serial port."

website mail
Sat Jan 6 07:45:27 PST 2024

 I recently got a Yaesu FT-65. I didn't get the programming cable from
Yaesu (it's $40), but I did get one that works for it that has the same
chip. I'm running Windows 11 and have the latest version of chirp. When I
plug the radio in and press read from radio, I get the error message
"Failed to communicate with radio: Incorrect ACK on serial port." I've
tried different cables, drivers, different modes on the radio, looked
through the issues, looked up the error, I even tried it on a spare laptop
running Linux to see if Windows was the problem. Same error there. Is it
the cable or something else? If anyone knows or had this problem before I'd
really appreciate the help! Thanks