[chirp_users] Baofeng 'waterproof' models

Dan Smith dsmith at danplanet.com
Thu Feb 29 14:39:34 PST 2024

> According to what I found on the Baofeng website, the BF1909 is a DMR radio.  CHIRP does not support any digital radio models.

Please be careful making authoritative-sounding statements like this to such a wide audience. I think you meant to say "CHIRP does not support any DMR radios" and that is probably true. However, it supports plenty of other D-STAR and YSF radios to make the claim about "any digital radio models" demonstrably false.

--Dan