[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R menu locked

W Paul Mills ac0hy at wpmills.com
Wed Feb 28 21:56:32 PST 2024

Press and hold the # key (lower right) until it says 'unlock'. The
little key next to the battery symbol on the screen should also disappear.

On 2/28/24 08:25, Massimo Nespolo wrote:
> Greetings from France.
>
> When I first got my UV-5R, the channel programming with CHIRP was
> performed by a friend, who locked the menu button to prevent a beginner
> like me to make any mistake which could have screwed the programming.
>
> Now I would like to unlock the menu, but I cannot figure out how to do
> it. I did quite a lot of internet research, but I could only find
> duplicate tutorials on how to lock the pad with the key button. That
> is not what I am looking for, of course. The menu button is
> unresponsive, I would like to unlock it.
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.

* Amateur Radio Station AC0HY                     *
* W. Paul Mills         SN807                     *
* Assistant EC Alpha-1 ARES Shawnee/Wabaunsee, KS *
* President Kaw Valley Amateur Radio Club         *