[chirp_users] uv5r driver makes mem.duplex and mem.offset immutable for gt-5r

jackson at f-m.fm jackson at f-m.fm
Sun Feb 25 22:54:59 PST 2024

I've been using chirp for a few days and I've run into an issue. Lines 1036-1041 of uv5r.py, specifically. The radio can be put into "factory mode" (freeband mode) by starting it up while holding moni+ptt+vfo/mr but these lines in the driver preclude duplex operation outside the amateur bands. I plan on keeping it in "amateur" mode most of the time, but I would like these channels to be programmed correctly. I presume these lines exist just to prevent having an uplink frequency out of band with downlink in-band, but would it not suffice just to warn the user rather than lock these settings down? As a temporary measure, can I simply comment these lines out? FYI, switching between "factory" and "amateur" (ptt+5) modes did not appear to affect the image that chirp downloads as they both had an identical checksum. Any relevant info is appreciated.

Jackson