[chirp_users] Icom IC-746Pro

Eric Poole wa1rkt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 10:59:59 PST 2024

I see a discrepancy between the 746 and the 746PRO in the "OK" and "NG"
reply message from the radio back to the computer.

746:  FE FE 56 E0 FB FD

746PRO:  FE FE E0 56 FB FD

The "56" (the radio's address) and the "E0" (the controller's address)
are reversed between the 746 and 746PRO.  Why in the world would they do
that??

I suppose that could be a misprint in the Icom user's manual (one or the
other) although that seems unlikely.  Anyway that would account for the
errors I'm seeing.

Rick WA1RKT