[chirp_users] Icom IC-746Pro

Eric Poole wa1rkt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 10:02:27 PST 2024

Good afternoon all, from a new Chirp user.

Is there a difference between the Icom IC-746 and IC-746Pro in the way
it communicates from the Remote port?

I downloaded and installed Chirp and tried to connect to my IC-746Pro
using the Chirp IC-746 configuration, and could not connect.

Tried the same thing with my IC-7300 (using the Chirp IC-7300
configuration) and it connected and programmed the memories just fine,
so the cable and the computer's USB port are working as they should.

I did verify that CI-V is turned on in the radio and the address is set
to 0x66.  (Speaking of which, how do I set the address in Chirp?  Maybe
that's the problem...)

Thanks...

Rick WA1RKT
Londonderry, NH
Catch me on 14.300 MHz Intercon / MMSN most days