[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R8W Repeater Config Error

Rich NE1EE TheDustyKey at imaginarian.org
Thu Feb 15 05:05:46 PST 2024

I have the BaoFeng UV-5RTP and the BTECH UV-5X3. I program them with chirp, and nary a problem. The images that show both +- on at the same time give me pause. I don't have any experiences with Baofeng, Kenwood, Icom, and Yaesu that has them both on. So...is there some way to do a factory reset on the Baofeng UV-5R8W? Offhand I'd not trust any operation unless I felt sure that the radio was operating 100% iaw mfg intent.

And...a chirp list related note...I had saved the original email for this thread, because of the images, but when I looked it up on the chirp mail list, all that I saw were the replies.

73 Rich NE1EE