[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-9R Pro - flashing causes severe squelch problem

Dan Smith
Thu Feb 1 15:33:05 PST 2024

> Unfortunately it seems that flashing the unit causes some kind of strange problem with squelch.

I can't help with your issue, but I would like to point out that chirp doesn't "flash" any radio. I assume you mean "program" instead of "flash" but to the developers there's a huge difference.

> I am happy to assist debugging if desired. Just trying to see if there is anything I've missed before opening an issue.

I would just open an issue so we can direct it to the people who wrote and maintain this driver. Note that chirp keeps backups of every download, so the first step will be to ensure that uploading the backup back to the radio restores the problem. But let's please take that to an issue where we can get debug logs, image files, and the right people involved.

Thanks,

--Dan