[chirp_users] Caller ID error message

lhales at cox.net
Tue Sep 26 10:04:46 PDT 2023

First thank you for the add.

I have a question, one probably asked before but searching through each
months archive was getting me nowhere.

I downloaded Chirp Next in mid Sept 2023 and am trying to use it to make a
minor change to my Wouxun KG-UV9PX. When I get to settings and go to the
'freq limit' any change I make immediately opens a dialog telling me "Caller
ID must be at least 3 and no more than 6 digits."

The change is shown in the settings window and the file seems to save with
no problem, but when I reopen the file the changes have not been saved.

I am still in the learning curve for the 9PX in particular and Ham radio in
general, what is the 'caller ID' error telling me? The "caller IDs" in the
'Settings' window are the default that were downloaded from the radio when I
set CHRIP up.

Many thanks and my apology for asking a probably very often asked question.

Lynn E. Hales
lhales at cox.net <mailto:lhales at cox.net>
(757) 243-1003