[chirp_users] UV-9R Pro Settings Error

Jim Unroe
Sat Sep 16 11:23:25 PDT 2023

> When I attempt to access the "settings" tab on my uv-9r pro i get the error message "Value 16665 not in range 130-179".  How should i proceed?

Your radio has a recent change that makes it compatible with CHIRP.
Your radio has blanked out its VFO settings (which are invalid and
CHIRP is letting you know about it). Hopefully you saved the first
successful download from your radio and saved it, unedited, to be kept
in a safe place as a backup. If not, you should be able to find a copy
in the CHIRP backups folder.

I've currently got a test driver module for UV-5R/UV-82 like radios
that I am waiting on feedback before I submit it (ticket #10505).

Open a ticket for the UV-9R like radios and I will try to create a
test driver module for these radios.

Until then, your best option is to hang onto that "original" image and
don't use CHIRP to program your radio.