[chirp_users] Linux install instructions, not quite 100%...

Jeffrey Vian
Fri Sep 15 13:26:03 PDT 2023

I do upgrades of chirp with a command line that looks like

*pip install --upgrade ./chirp-20230509-py3-none-any.whl*

and it works for me.  Admittedly I do not use Ubuntu, and use Fedora
instead but the use of python and pip is almost identical on both systems.
Chirp is installed in the user python environment and not in the systemwide
area.

Anyone who cannot understand that the instructions expect the user to
download the newer version then use the command with the appropriate file
name for the version just downloaded probably should go back and read the
instructions again..  The same applies to those who do not understand that
it must be downloaded first before attempting the install or upgrade.

Remember always that posted instruction commands are examples and the user
must modify parts to fit their own environment -- especially when it gives
paths and file names..

Jeff
KI7GJG