[chirp_users] Chirp will not install

Rich NE1EE
Sat Oct 21 06:48:34 PDT 2023

On 2023-10-21 06:32:-0700, you wrote:
>...There is *no* 32-bit Windows version of CHIRP-next, and there hasn't been since we started at the beginning of the year. ...
>
>I've fixed that in today's build so it's now properly referred to as "win64".
>
>--Dan

Thanks a million for posting that. I had wondered why it said 32 bit, and why there was not a 64 bit standalone. For prolly the past 2-3 years, I have been installing on 64 bit, and just figured I was installing a 32 bit version. I still have older laptops with older versions that I have not taken the time to upgrade, because I don't use them often, and they work.

This thinking was such a habit that I didn't think to question it each time I downloaded the "32-bit" version, and it never struck me that with all the discussion about 64 bit, it couldn't be 32! So I do appreciate you posting this and taking this step. I have been using it standalone for so long, I don't recall the last time I installed it.

73 Rich NE1EE