[chirp_users] Chirp will not install

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
Sat Oct 21 04:49:04 PDT 2023

Gene the OP sent this file (attached) showing he is running a 64 bit
processor AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with 16 GB RAM 64 bit OS, x64 processor.
Running Windows 10 Home version 22H2.

He's tried the latest CHIRP-Next and one of the legacy CHIRP versions, and
he cannot get past the license agreement, he answers that he agrees to the
terms, but the installer seems to dissappear and CHIRP is never installed.

I've suggested to him and sent him a tutorial to make a Live version of
Ubuntu Long Term Support (LTS) with persistence and then install CHIRP in
it.

I've also told him that his Windows installation is messed up and perhaps
will need a reinstall of his Windows 10 Home.

I'm suggesting to him now additionally that it's possible or problem with
RAM failure as I have had several similar issues that finally were found to
be RAM failure. I ran RAM tests in the full expanded version from one of
the Live Linux iso on a USB STICK made with Rufus. I replaced the RAM and I
had no more issues with installation errors.

I would like to suggest to anyone who has the knowledge that I lack and
suggest that the CHIRP developers produce a version of a Puppy Linux with
the latest version of Chirp-Next and upload it to Sourceforge.net as an
update to what Sourceforge.net user bgiff158 did years ago for Legacy
CHIRP.

73
DR
N1EA