[chirp_users] Stable low cost radio with flat audio

Chuck Hast
Fri Oct 6 07:56:11 PDT 2023

I am asking this question here as I believe there is a good collection of
folks who
are familiar with different radios. Of course whatever is recommended I
hope it
can be programmed with Chirp.

I am looking for a handheld radio that can do 12.5khz bw audio that can be
used
for data. I would hope it would have a flat audio in/out port but if not
mods are part
of the game.

It needs to be frequency stable (I will be using it for data) and 12.5khz
channel widths.
and of course programmable with Chirp.

The radio cost needs to be low, I would like to keep the whole project
under $500.
I will need two radios 1 for RX and 1 for TX. There will be a controller
involved.

If need be I will put each radio in a can for isolation. This is for a
solar project so
that is also part of the reason to try to use a handheld.

--

Chuck -- KP4DJT
HamHotline # 11259