[chirp_users] Programing Cable Drivers

AC8YE
Mon May 29 17:30:52 PDT 2023

Hi Don,

I think you are confused about the driver.  The driver is for the type of device in the cable, most likely a USB to serial converter.  I expect the device type would be listed in the documentation for the cable or the cable vendor may list the type.  You'll need to be sure the driver isn't for Windows but for Mac.  Once the driver is installed and the cable connected, you can use Chirp to download from your FT8800, which will let Chirp know the rig you are using.  Follow the Chirp docs.
My ARES group has six FT8800 rigs that we program with Windows and Macs, but I use Linux.

Larry - AC8YE
Delaware Ohio ARES

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.