[chirp_users] Yaesu FTM6000 support - not yet. Perhaps I can help?

Stephen Hersey
Tue May 23 14:35:30 PDT 2023

I think I'm going to give up on this effort and just use the RT Systems
stuff I've already purchased.
I have a working serial port tap using a Saleea logic analyzer, and I've
been able to capture comms traffic during a "clone TX" from the radio. I've
determined that it uses 38400 bps and 0x06 as an "ack" (suggesting
commonalities with other Yaesu radios).

Beyond that, I cannot make any sense of the various chirp Yaesu drivers,
decipher the data path through the code, or determine anything at all about
what the protocol framing of any of those radios is supposed to look like,
so I'm not able to compare it with my captured data or identify the memory
size it uses. Nor have I been able to find any descriptions of likely Yaesu
comms protocols or memory layouts online. Without more information, this
task requires better Python skills and far more familiarity with chirp
drivers than I possess, so I'm stopping here.

I continue to appreciate the effort folks are putting in to support radios
on this software.

Regards,
Steve

--
Steve Hersey N1XNX
n1xnxham at gmail.com
-----
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." --
Clarke's Third Law
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." --
Benford's Corollary
"Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology." --
Charles Stross, *Dead Lies Dreaming*
“It's still magic even if you know how it's done.” -- Terry Pratchett