[chirp_users] Can't install on Ubuntu 23.04

Phil
Sun May 7 16:48:54 PDT 2023

On 26/4/23 01:59, Dan Smith via chirp_users wrote:
> Those instructions are not updated for 23.04, which (along with
> upstream python) has fundamentally changed how installing python
> packages works. You can look at this bug for more details:

I had chirp installed with pipx but chirp couldn't find the wx module.
At the time I had a later version of wxpython installed than the one in
the repository. In desperation I removed that version and then installed
the repository version and tried to install chirp again and this is the
result:

pipx install chirp-20230427.tar.gz
Fatal error from pip prevented installation. Full pip output in file:
/home/phil/.local/pipx/logs/cmd_2023-05-08_09.35.25_pip_errors.log

Some possibly relevant errors from pip install:
     ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement
chirp-20230427-tar-gz (from versions: none)
     ERROR: No matching distribution found for chirp-20230427-tar-gz

Error installing chirp-20230427-tar-gz.

I also tried to install wxpython with pipx but that failed as well. I
also tried the wheel version of chirp. The pipx log doesn't provide any
useful information either.

Has any advancement been made to enable a chirp installation?

--

Regards,
Phil